home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Saturday, July 1, 2017

New Challenge at Dies R Us!










Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US! Happy July! And Happy July 4th weekend to those of you in the states! I know many of you will be celebrating and enjoying your four day weekend off from work! I live down at the beach along the Jersey shore here and boy it is packed!!!  

So onto our new challenge starting off this month, challenge 76 is all about the layers! We want to see some layers built up on your projects!

So here is the card that I created for today's challenge.


This time around, I decided to create a 5x5 card and used some handmade cardstock that I had in my stash for the card base. So since this was all about layers, I started by taking a piece of pre-made watercolor paper that I created months ago. The panel has lots of blues/yellows and greens. I adhered that right away to the card base. To that, I adhered some cheesecloth for my 2nd layer. I decided that this card would be done all in dies this time around, no stamping!

I knew that I wanted to make a card that look like it took place in a beautiful garden. My next layer added over the cheesecloth was this beautiful trellis die that I cut using the Yvonne Creations Trellis Frame Die. I cut it out of some patterned paper primarily white with little yellow polka dots. Now it was time to start building up my scene. I cut out the Yvonne Creations Pretty Pierrot Flower Swing die and it automatically cuts out some hanging vines. So I cut extra of those. Next I cut out several fern dies from Spellbinders. There were a total of 4 different ferns in this set and I cut out 4 of each. I started to play around a bit and started placing them where I wanted them to go and then one by one, started to adhere them down.  Next I cut out some Yvonne Creations Flower Dies and started to layer them to make 2 full flowers with lots of layers. I adhered them in place. Now I just needed some cute little garden critters. So I cut out these adorable owls using the Yvonne Creations Christmas Owls Dies. I knew that the little one would be perfect to swing on that swing, while Mommy owl watched on. :)


All that was left to do now was cut out the title and embellish. So I cut out the "Hello" sentiment as my title. This die is from the Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello Die . I adhered this onto some pre-colored watercolor paper. To finish off the card, I added in several little flowers along the vines and in the garden. A few clear sequins were added to the centers of the flowers. I also added in some Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to the title, the owls and larger flowers. I also took a black copic multi-liner to add in the nose and eyes for the owls.  All the paper that I used was all scraps in my stash. 

   

  And that completes my card! All of the dies that I used are highlighted in the links above and can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE


Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you! Thanks again for stopping by!



Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Cheerful card - how cute is that owl die!
    Hugs Angie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! The owl is too cute!! I love the layers and the scene you've created!! The flowers are fabulous!! Love, love it, my sweet friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card with awesome layers!! Love the garden critters...super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how much you love owls. I just love your card. Super sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty! Those owls are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owls are just adorable!! The flowers are very pretty! Such a sweet scene my friend!! Beautifully done!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and adorable and full of summer 'happiness'!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~